June is National Men’s Health Month and Memorial Hermann Sugar Land is teaming up with the Sugar Land Skeeters and Classic Chevrolet to present the 3rd annual Tune up for Life, a men’s health event. Come enjoy rock ‘n roll music while viewing classic cars and tune up your body with free health screenings.
There are over 20 free screenings to choose from including: blood pressure, bone density, orthopedic, glucose, dental and more. And if you complete a screening scorecard you will receive a general admission ticket to attend a Skeeters game at Constellation Field. Tickets available for the first five hundred. You will also be entered to win an opportunity to throw out the first pitch as well as VIP Insperity Suite tickets courtesy of Classic Chevrolet.
Saturday, June 29, 2013, 9 a.m. – Noon
1 Stadium Drive
Sugar Land, TX 77498
Event is free but registration is required by calling 713.222.CARE
Here are the free screenings that are available:
- Check Your Tires – Feet killing you? Our podiatrists on hand to help!
- Meet your Mechanic – Meet your neighborhood physicians (MHMG) and receive a free blood pressure screen
- Gas Emissions – Come by and meet our GI docs and pick up a free colorectal kit while supplies last
- Noisy Muffler – Noise keeping you awake? Drop by to get your snoring score!
- Dent Repair – Dent that won’t heal? Drop by and speak to our Wound Center staff.
- Chassis Check – Joints hurting? Come meet our Orthopedics for help!
- Flat Tire? – Got sidelined by a flat? Stop by Sports Medicine Tent and pick up information on our Saturday Sports Injury Clinic
- Check your Headlights – Stop by and learn about the new 3D Tomo technology for mammograms
- Ask the Service Manager – Have a medication question? Stop by and chat with our staff
- Alignment Check – Bone Density Screen with Outpatient Imaging
- Check your Fluids – Texas Urology will be on hand to answer your questions
- Grill Check – oral mouth screenings provided by Lake Pointe Dental
- Car Detailing – paint job fading? Need help restoring? Stop by and meet the specialists in plastic surgery
- Electrical System Check – Get screened (if you meet criteria) with an EKG and pick up free information on heart services available
- Smoky Muffler – come meet the folks from our Respiratory Department and receive information on ‘kicking the habit’
- Blinkers Out? Come by for your vision check with Horizon Eye Center
- Fuel Injection Come by and visit our Diabetes Education staff and receive a free glucose screen
- Circuit Burnout? Come by and pick up stroke information from MH affiliated neurologists
- Dr. Goodwrench – Check out our DaVinci Robot
- Classic Chevrolet – Come by and see the latest models